Thomas George Lynes (Senior) founded a business in Kings Cross in 1885 as a carpenter and engineer. Thomas George Lynes (Junior) took over and moved the focus into a Builders’ Merchant and Ironmonger. The first trading premises in Kings Cross can be traced back to 1912. T.G.Lynes & Sons Ltd was incorporated in 1934.

Over subsequent years various premises were bought in the area to specialise in product ranges for the heating, mechanical services, ventilation and electrical industries. In 1940 workshops were set up employing lathe operators producing machine parts for the war effort. These premises were consolidated into a main hub in 1964 and beyond, a line of Victorian buildings on Caledonian Road, Kings Cross. In 1985 a branch was opened by acquisition near Crystal Palace, South London. These two branches were closed in August 2005 as part of a major re-structure.

In 1975 Lynes Plant Hire Ltd was established. In 1996 it was acquired by the Company and traded as a subsidiary until 2003 when the business and assets were absorbed. Hire is now a division of the Company servicing the hire requirements of commercial heating and mechanical services engineers.

In June 2002 the Company acquired a 2 acre plot in Brimsdown, Enfield. In September 2003 the Company changed its name to T.G.Lynes Ltd. In December 2003 the Company began trading from a purpose built distribution centre of 50,000 sq.ft of floor area with ample parking for customers and yardage for goods’ movements. The Company continues to supply materials to commercial heating, plumbing, mechanical services and ventilation industries. The main stay of the product ranges are in pipes, valves, fittings, support systems, ancillaries, heaters and fans.

The Company is run by a Management team. The heritage lives on in commitment to professional expertise and first class service.